200B1998-C223-4B8E-A4EC-918AAFF94D23_w610_r0_s.png

Battle for Kunduz province and its provincial capital still is undergoing. Meanwhile, war is undergoing in 13 provinces across the country, according to the defense ministry of Afghan government.

Taliban assaulted on Kunduz only after one year that had been pushed back by the Afghan government in September 2015.

Taliban group controlled the main square of Kunduz City for only one day and Taliban almost took all parts of the city that Afghan government pushed them back in co-operation the U.S. military advisors in the ground.

Afghan government operation against Taliban group has been continuing since September. According to government officials, Taliban sheltered in house of the Kunduz’s residences.

Sheltering of Taliban in houses of the residences led to house-to-house and street-to-street war in Kunduz city. Meanwhile, the war forced thousands of the residences to flee the city.

Afghan government claimed that over 200 Taliban militants and around 20 Afghan troops had killed. According to the Interior Affairs Ministry, Nine important commanders of Taliban have been killed.

The war between the government and Taliban group led to 22 thousands of people to flee the city and settled in the neighbor’s provinces such as Mazar-e-Sharef, Baghlan and the capital Kabul.

People including children, women, old ages flew the city and large number of people settled in some places that have received very basic aids. The interior refuges in Kabul city have only received canopies with coverlet to keep warm in 11 centigrade degree temperature of Kabul city’s cold nights.

In the south of Afghanistan, war between the government and rebel groups enforced high rank of NATO and the government military to go to Helmand Province. The defense ministry Abdullah Habibi, the Deputy of Interior Affairs ministry Abdurrahman Rahami and General Commander of NOTO General John Nicolson have gone to Helmand on October 8, 2016.

Mr. Habibi said during a press conference, “Enemies have hidden in houses of people of Helmand province. We cannot kill our people to defeat five or ten rebels. Owing to discretion, the fight has been taking long time.”

300 Afghan commandos entered Helmand to push back militants of Taliban group from outside of Lashkarkah city—provincial capital of Helmand province—and according to reports, they could push them back and the city is now more secure than the weeks before.

“Currently we are in war in Kunduz. Farah province become under attack. The enemies are preparing to attack on Uruzgan province.” added the defense ministry.

Fight is undergoing against Islamist rebel groups in Nangarhar, Ghazni, Paktia, Kandahaar, Uruzgan, Ghor, Farah, Badghis, Kunduz, Baghlan, Fariab, Khost and Helmand provinces, according to the defense ministry press release.

Wisa newspaper said in the editorial paper that everyday 170 posts of the army and national police in Uruzgan and Helmand fell to hand of Islamist rebel groups.

 

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “HOUSE-TO-HOUSE AND STREET-TO-STREET WAR IN KUNDUZ PROVINCE

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s