Four US soldiers were wounded during operation in Kunduz district of Kunduz province on November 3. As result, two of them died due to the injury, said USFOR-A.
US force for Afghanistan (USFOR-A) released a press statement, “Our wounded soldiers are receiving the best medical care possible.”
“The service members came under fire during a train, advise and assist mission with our Afghan partners to clear a Taliban position and disrupt the group’s operations in Kunduz district.” said the statement.
Commander of USFOR-A, Gen. John W. Nicholson expressed his sorrow. “Despite today’s tragic event, we are steadfast in our commitment to help our Afghan partners defend their nation.” Gen. Nicholson said.
Kunduz province is under serious attack since October after Taliban stormed the city and took the main square of the city for one day.
Since then, the clearing operation is undergoing in the outskirts of the city.
Previously, two US services members in Afghanistan were killed in the most recent ‘green on blue’ attack. An Afghan soldier opened fire on a group of US military in Kabul.
Currently, 9800 soldiers of the US army and three thousand other soldiers of NATO presence in the country in the frame of Resolute Mission in Afghanistan. The main missions of the troops are training, advise, and support of the Afghan National Security Services.